Sunday, 9 October 2016

Hello everybody!

This is my first blog post, so I'll quickly introduce myself before I get into the actual blog itself.

My name is Mollie Clarke-Holland and I am interested in producing many blogs, with various different themes. These include things such as: lifestyle, fashion, beauty, writing, books, reviews etc. In all I just have a passion for writing and have decided I'd like to share that online. Hence why I'm here!

Anyway, onto the blog...

MUST DO: Halloween bucket list

Personally, October is one of my favourite months, so I'm always so excited when this time of year rolls around! Not only that, I love the holiday Halloween, as I love all things scary, whether that being scary films, books or activities. Therefore, I have come up with and created a 'Halloween bucket list', which I'll try to complete this October month and you guys can join me in doing so too! So lets get into it...

1) Carve a pumpkin

Now, this may seem such a small, normal thing for quite a lot of people, I suppose, especially around the holiday halloween itself. So you're probably wondering why I even put this onto my bucket list? Well, as a matter of fact, never in my life have I carved a pumpkin... and I'm 16. I think it's due to the fact that because I don't like in a city or town, I've never decorated my house for halloween, as no one will see it. However I'll defiantly need to change this, this year!

2) Binge watch horror movies

One of my favourite film genres by far is horror films. I love them so much! Although, I am waiting for the day that I watch a horror film that genuinely scares the living day lights out of me. So, in order to accomplish this, I'll 100% be watching many horror films in this October month. I'll list a few down before that I'm thinking of watching:


  • Nightmare on Elm Street
  • Insidious
  • Conjuring
  • Sinister
  • Friday the 13th
  • The silence of the lambs
3) Go to a corn maze

I honestly really want to go and take part in a corn maze. I defiantly think this time of year is the best time to go as well, as for a start, most only open around this time of year, and also it adds to the creepy halloween atmosphere that I love! I would recommend getting a group of friends together and doing this one October evening. I really think it's just something different, fun and exciting to do one night. I need to make sure I do this!

4) Murder mystery

I've taken part in a murder mystery once before, with my family, and I had such a great time! We found a website that provided you with a huge list of options for what sort of story and setting etc you wanted your murder mystery to take place at and to be like. Then after that, they sent us all the relevant things we needed to complete the murder mystery. I'm sure theres a ton of websites that provide murder mysteries, some you may need to pay for, some may be free. 

My advice would be get a group of friends or family together and all decide what type of setting you want your mystery to take place in. For example a creepy house, a castle, a fairground. The list is endless really. Then when the night rolls around, when you actually take part in the murder mystery, dim the lights and place candles around the room. Also you could incorporate the theme of the murder mystery you've chosen, in decorations used around the room you play in. To top it all off, play some haunting, spooky music in the background. It all adds to the atmosphere! 

5) Do something scary

Now, as I said before, scary is my thing. So any opportunity to do something spooky, I'll take up. And what better time of year to do this, than in October? There are several ideas that I have thought of doing, in order to tick this off of the bucket list. Some of my options include:

  • Visit a theme park on a fright/horror night. Because I like in the UK, my options are limited to parks such as Thorpe Park and Alton Towers. However, I visited the Halloween Horror Nights in Universal Studios Orlando last year and would 1000% recommend it to anyone. Beware though, it can be insanely scary!
  • Take part in a zombie shooting experience. Now this one has the age rating of typically 16. However, if you're 16 or over and want to have a thrilling experience, I'd suggest this! There are many different locations where this event can take place, such as old bunkers and prisons etc. So straight away the creepy atmosphere is there. And basically, for a few hours you're chased around these locations by actors dressed as Zombies. The 'shooting' part comes in, because I know some of these zombie events allow you to have a paint ball type gun, which you can use to defend yourself. Sounds pretty enticing to me!

That is all for my MUST DO: Halloween bucket list. I hope everyone enjoyed reading it as much as I did producing it for all of you! 

Thank you all for reading, have a great day.

Mollie x



My social media:

Twitter - mollie_holland
Instagram - mollieclarkeholland
Spotify - mollie_holland
Pinterest - mollie_holland

No comments:

Post a Comment